Like the sun can damage your skin, it can damage your hair as well. As soon as summer starts, your healthy tresses can probably become damaged gradually. The sun can make your hair dry and rough with the UV rays. This is why many people opt for short hair in this season. It’s significant to take proper hair care during this season to protect hair and scalp.
Causes of hair damage during summer
The major problem you often face with hair is frizz. During summer, hair takes in the humidity. This makes the shaft swell causing breakage in the cuticle which results in frizz. Swimming during summers might damage your hair even more. Chlorine in the water can lead to your hair losing its natural oils. If you dip in seawater, the heavy salt content in the water takes out all the water in your hair, leaving it dry. Has your hair been dyed or highlighted? It is prone to UV damage. The sun will make the cuticle even rougher. This can make the hair more fragile and dried out.
Summer hair care tips
- Cover your hair: While traveling, avoid letting the wind rush through your hair. This causes tangling and dry out your hair.Cover your hair with a good scarf. If possible, use a cotton one and tie it loosely so that it does not hinder circulation. You can also wear a hat this season.
- Trim it: Hair regrowth is faster in summer than in winter. Trim your hair at the beginning of this season or you might like to have a summer special haircut. By the end of the season, your hair may grow pretty well.
- Wet your hair before swimming: Before swimming, wet your hair with clean water. Wet hair will soak up less chlorine or sea salt when compared to dry hair.
- Wash your hair after swimming: After swimming, wash your hair well with clean water to remove the chlorinated pool water.
- Wash your hair frequently with shampoo and conditioner: During summer, you sweat a lot. Your scalp becomes sweaty and dirty. So, you should wash it frequently. It is recommended to opt for moisturizing shampoo and conditioner to protect your hair. Use an anti-residue shampoo once a week. Deep condition your hair using coconut oil or any other good oil.
- Hot oil rinse: A hot oil rinse is a must in the summers. Shampoo your hair. Heat a natural oil and apply it to your hair. Your hair should be moisturized afterward, but not greasy.
- Towel dry gently: Before you let your hair loose to dry naturally, you will obviously towel dry it. Nevertheless, be careful as the friction between the towel and your hair can cause hair breakage.
- Get into deep conditioning your hair: Deep conditioning is an important aspect of summer haircare. Summer can make your hair fragile; deep conditioning can undo this damage by hydrating your hair. It can also undo the harmful effect of the sun on hair.
- Apply serum: Get a good serum to get rid of the frizz. Apply a small quantity of the serum.
- Apply sunscreen: After applying sunscreen on your body, simply run your fingers through your hair and let the residual sunscreen protect your hair from UV rays. It should be washed out.
- Use a hair conditioner that contains sunscreen: The sun’s heat will activate the conditioner. This softens your hair, while the sunscreen will prevent UV rays from causing damage to the strands. Is your hair color-treated? Ensure to use a leave-in conditioner with sunscreen to prevent the color from fading out.
- Say no to styling: Avoid hot styling tools such as hair dryers, straighteners and curlers. Hair sprays are drying. The ingredients in it damage hair. If you need to use hair sprays, then choose those with natural ingredients and conditioners.
- Use a scalp cleanser: Use a scalp cleanser that is designed to remove toxins from your hair like chlorine as well as auto emissions and other environmental pollutants. Use the hair oil to massage your hair once a week, leave overnight and wash off the next day.
- Use a wide-toothed comb: Do not brush your hair, use a wide-tooth comb instead. These can be way less harsh when it comes to untangling your locks.
- Eat a balanced diet: Ensure you’re getting essential nutrients. Omega-3 fatty acids are very good for strong and healthy hair. These are found in spinach, salmon, eggs etc. Have some greens. Fruits and dark green vegetables are very good for healthy hair. Take some broccoli as well. Citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants which improve hair regrowth. Get some nuts that contain zinc. Consume carrots as these contain vitamin A.
These home remedies or cosmetic or salon treatments for hair loss might improve your symptoms but not necessarily help the actual cause. It can lead to occasional relapses or continued slow deterioration. There are different hair loss treatments available such as local, steroid injections with or without oral steroids. But they might come with a host of side-effects.
Homeopathy can be of great help for people of all ages. It offers a safe hair fall solution. Research studies have proven the efficacy of homeopathic medicines in treating hair loss. According to a study, homeopathic medicines aid in combating DHT (a hormone responsible for hair loss) without any toxic side-effects. (Source: Skin Research Institute of Europe)
There are different treatment options that can be supplemented along with homeopathy treatment to enhance the results. They are as follows:
- Hair Vitalizing Treatment to resuscitate the growth cycle of hair follicles
- STM cell treatment to increase hair volume and hair density
- groHAIR treatment to stimulate hair regrowthand improve hair volume
Do not let summer hair loss woes hamper your confidence. Consult a homeopathic doctor right now for the best hair fall treatment by visiting your nearest homeopathy clinicright away!
Leave a Reply