Okay. Macy's is cool for more than just the parade. Can we say SHOPPING? Great gifts and apparel for little babies to adults - and you have to love going through the perfume aisle. Mmmmmm... delish. Honestly, I love smelling men's cologne. (If you go, check out Ed Hardy.)
Anyways, I have MORE Macy's news! Do you know they are currently working on a campaign called COME TOGETHER, whose goal is to feed 10 million people suffering from hunger. COME TOGETHER invites you to rally around the cause by hosting special dinners at your home and asking your guests to pledge a donation to Feeding America. In return, Macy's will match these donations dollar-for-dollar until the total goal of 10 million meals is reached. Can you believe it? If you raise $10 - they will match you and you will donate $20. If you raise $50, they will match you and you end up raising $100. I know for some clubs, like the Mom's Club, this would be a great way to meet some community service goals.
So how do you get involved? Well - choose to Host, Give and/or Shop.
HOST - Host a dinner party from casual to formal, send invitations and manage party details including themes and recipes on www.macys.com/cometogether. In lieu of bringing traditional host gifts, ask your guests to make a donation to Feeding America.
GIVE - Donate $1 directly at any Macy's register, one dollar provides dinner for seven. You can also donate online at www.macys.com/cometogether
SHOP- Macy's customers can shop for the cause and get special savings in-store on October 17, when Macy's hosts a national Shop For A Cause day. A portion of the $5 in-store ticket sales will benefit Feeding America.
So what do you think of this campaign?
Do you think you can help Macy's feed $10 million people?
How about a little encouragement to do so?
HOW TO ENTER:
Do any of the following to get an entry (or entries) into the contest. Doing at least ONE is mandatory, prior to doing any EXTRA entries. But you can do all of these and earn an entry for each.
- HOST - Host a dinner party! Send invitations and manage party details including themes and recipes on www.macys.com/cometogether. (5 entries - be honest!)
- GIVE - Donate $1 directly at any Macy's register or donate online at www.macys.com/cometogether. Get an entry for every dollar you donate.
- TWEET: Help @Macysinc Feed 10 Million People - www.macys.com/cometogether (Leave me your Tweet Link)
- PROMOTE: Write a blog post about the campaign - include a link to the Mom Buzz and www.macys.com/cometogether
To receive these extra opportunities for entries, you must fulfill the first REQUIRED entry. But for extra entries, you can do the following - leave a comment for each:
- Add the Mom Buzz to your Twitter and Tweet the contest. Leave your Tweet Link. (1 tweet per day is allowed)
- Add the Mom Buzz button to your site
- Add the Mom Buzz to your blogroll.
- Enter the GE appliance give-away - you can do this daily!
- Follow Macy's on Twitter: http://twitter.com/macysinc - Tweet that you read about their Feeding America campaign @theMomBuzz
- Be a Macy's Fan on Facebook!
This is solely the opinion of the Mom Buzz. Other people may have different experiences with the product. And don't forget to enter my other hot contests so you can win and try buzzworthy products!