But that was because I had no clue that there was something called BellyBars, manufactured by NutraBella. BellyBars are these delicious line of bars that are designed to meet the nutritional needs of women during pregnancy. They are packed with key prenatal nutrients including iron, folic acid, calcium, protein and omega-3 DHA! Since they are individually wrapped, Bellybar products are completely convenient when you need a little snack to get your through the day. And you can feel good in knowing you are getting the vitamins and minerals you need, while enjoying an indulgent treat.
But what about pre and post pregnancy. You know Folic Acid is just as important when you are trying to get pregnant. And all the minerals and vitamins in BellyBars - omega-3 DHA, iron, vitamin B6, and folate, and vitamins A, C, E, calcium, magnesium and zinc - are also great for always-on-the-go moms who seem to run on pure adrenaline, but at the end of the day they are more pooped than the dirty diapers they change!
Hey, I should know! I am that harried mom of two boys, and I got to try the bars when I was on the run, between playdates and naptime. I tried all four bar flavors and thought they were all yummy. Of course my favorite was Baby Needs Chocolate, followed by Mellow Oat. But Berry Nutty Cravings and Burstin' Chocolate were just as delicious! The Bellybars are made with ingredients like real chocolate, almonds, granola, rice crisps, toasted oats, and brown rice syrup.
Here is some info on the different bars, in order of my preference:
- Baby Needs Chocolate was like a chocolate granola with chocolate toffee chips throughout.
- Mellow Oat was a granola bar with a creamy, yogurt, vanilla bottom.
- Burstin' Chocolate was a chocolate granola bar with a hint of orange flavoring.
- Berry Nutty Cravings was a granola bar with sweet berries throughout!
Finally, I had a few chews to try, as well. They are available in citrus (Citrus on Board) and chocolate (Chocolate Cuddles). I think they are definitely easy to pop in your mouth discreetly, helping curb the munchies while still getting DHA, calcium and folic acid.
Now, I was keeping an eye out for these at the stores and saw that they sell them at my local Publix! I also noticed that they were available on Amazon! Other places that you can find them include Walgreens, Whole Foods Market, Target, Motherhood Maternity, A Pea in the Pod, Mimi Maternity, Babies ‘R’ Us, and HEB.
BellyBar Prize Pack:
- 2 bars of each flavor (Baby Needs Chocolate, Berry Nutty Cravings, Mellow Oat and Burstin’ Chocolate)
- 1 pouch of each chews flavor (Chocolate Cuddles and Citrus on Board)
- 2 shakes of Due for Chocolate Bellybar Shakes
To receive these extra opportunities for entries, you must fulfill the first REQUIRED entry. But for extra entries, you can:
- Add the Mom Buzz to your Twitter and Tweet the contest. Leave your Tweet Link!
- Blog about the contest - add a link to the Mom Buzz and the Sponsor
- Add the Mom Buzz button to your site OR add the Mom Buzz to your blog roll.
- Subscribe to the Mom Buzz via e-mail or RSS feed. (See right sidebar)
- Follow BellyBar on Twitter and tweet: I read the @BellyBar Review/Give-Away @theMomBuzz
- Become a BellyBar Fan on Facebook!
This is solely the opinion of the Mom Buzz. Other people may have different experiences with the product. And don't forget to enter my other hot contests so you can win and try buzzworthy products!