- Singing, Voice
- Plus, there is a whole lot more!
Students can quickly register via TakeLessons.com or by phone for local, private lessons with a TakeLessons Certified™ Instructor. The company also created local Show What You Know ConcertsTM, rock concert-style events that enable students to showcase their talents. And aspiring musicians and vocalists of any age will benefit from the TakeLessons S.T.A.R. Program™, a fun and rewarding, customized lesson plan that helps students achieve their musical goals by tracking progress and rewarding accomplishments.
TakeLessons offers lessons in more than 2,800 cities nationwide.
History: Founded in 2004 by Steven Cox, TakeLessons was created to help people explore their musical creativity and pursue their passions. The company was developed by a team of music lovers who share the beliefs that music helps people develop skills needed in today's workforce, keeps kids in school and helps them to excel in coursework, and helps communities share ideas and values among cultures and generations.
Services: The TakeLessons Web site offers a wide array of online resources and tools allowing students to manage their lessons, expand their learning virtually and much more, including:
- TakeLessons Certified Instructor Profiles
- Student Feedback and Ratings
- Music Community with Tutorial Videos
- Online Booking and Lesson Payments
- Instructor Search by Zip Code and Type of Lesson
TakeLessons’ founder and CEO, Steven Cox has developed a short checklist to help people identify safe and trustworthy music and voice instructors. When looking for a teacher, the candidate should:
1. Have passed a criminal background check
2. Have positive feedback from other students
3. Have earned a degree in music, have several years of experience in music, or working on a degree
4. Be a good listener; I.e. be more focused on you, and less on themselves
5. Be clear on what is expected of you each week, hold you accountable for practicing and continued growth, and provide you with timely and specific feedback
6. Use technology to help keep track of lessons and monitor your growth
7. Offer the option for you to perform at a local concert or recital
8. Help you get excited about learning and staying involved with lessons
WIN WIN WINOne Buzz Reader will win a free music lesson with any TakeLessons instructor of their choice. They offer music lessons in more than 2,800 locations nationwide! To enter, use the search engine at TakeLessons.com and tell me what lesson you would sign up for!
To receive these extra opportunities for entries, you must fulfill the first REQUIRED entry. But for extra entries, you can:
- Add the Mom Buzz to your Twitter and Tweet the contest.
- Blog about the contest - add a link to the Mom Buzz and the Sponsor
- Add the Mom Buzz button to your site OR add the Mom Buzz to your blog roll.
- Subscribe to the Mom Buzz via e-mail or RSS feed. (See right sidebar)