From the Virtual Kitchen! Baked in the Panasonic Inverter Microwave. I admit I cheated. You can "microwave" this cake in minutes. But I chose the Bake Option to test it out, which made me wait an additional 40 minutes before it was done! Still, I think it's cool I can BAKE A CAKE in my Panasonic microwave.
* 1 package yellow cake mix 1(1 lb) (500 g) -I used Vanilla.
* 4 eggs 4
* 1/2 cup water 125 ml
* 1/2 cup oil 125 ml
* 1/2 cup dark rum 125 ml
* 1 cup finely chopped nuts 250 ml
* 1/4 cup butter, melted 50ml
* 1/2 cup sugar 125 ml
* 1/3 cup dark rum - I used white.
PROCEDURE USING THE MICROWAVE OPTION:
1. Using an electric mixer, beat cake mix, eggs, water, oil and rum, in a large bowl, for 2 minutes.
2. Heavily grease a 14 cups (3.5 L) fluted tube dish.
3. Press nuts on sides and bottom of dish.
4. Pour batter into dish, cover with wax paper and cook at P3 10 minutes.
5. Remove wax paper and cook at P6 6 - 8 minutes.
6. Let stand 10 minutes.
7. To Complete: Prepare rum glaze by heating butter and sugar at P7 1 minute.
8. Stir in rum.
9. Pierce cake all over with a long skewer.
10. Pour half the glaze over cake.
11. Invert cake onto serving plate and drizzle remaining glaze over cake until it is all absorbed.
12. Sprinkle with nuts. Store covered.
13. Makes: 1 cake
To discover how to make the cake using the "bake" option on Model NN-C994S you have to watch the video above!
TASTE: Someone commented I didn't talk about taste. LOL! That's because I wanted the rum to really sink in. But it came out GREAT. My husband said it was the best rum cake he ever tasted. :woot: :woot:
You can win this Microwave! Enter & Learn More here: Win a Microwave!