* Measuring Spoons
* Measuring Cup
* 2 Qt. Glass or Microwave safe plastic bowl with cover.
* Wire Whip
* Wooden Spoon or High Temp Rubber Spatula
* Fine mesh strainer
* 2 potatoes, peeled and diced 2
* 2 green onions or 1 small leek, sliced and rinsed well. 2
* 1 cup chicken stock 250 ml
* 1/2 tsp salt 2 ml
* 1/4 tsp pepper 1 ml
* 2 tbsp chopped parsley 25 ml
* 1 cup milk 250 ml
1. Combine potatoes, onions, chicken stock, salt and pepper in a 2-quart (2 L) casserole.
3. To Cook by Sensor Cooking: Press Potatoes/Vegetables pad once, then Start.
4. To Microwave: Cook at P7 3 minutes or until boiling
5. Then cook at P4 10 - 12 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
6. To Complete: Puree some (2/3'rd) or all of the potatoes with some of the liquid.
7. Return to the bowl
8. Stir in parsley and milk, heat at P6 2 minutes, or until hot.
10. Cook with chopped leeks instead of onions but RINSE THE LEEKS WELL as they often contain sand.
11. Serve with 1/4 cup (50 mL) grated Blue or Cheddar cheese.
12. Serve with diced, cooked, chicken, ham or bacon.
The soup was completely yummy. I just wish I could have pureed it as instructed!
And don't forget to enter to win the Panasonic Inverter Microwave! Contest Ends May 2nd!