Hey everyone! I want to introduce you to my friend Jen. I think we've been friends forever. She says 8 years. Haha. She'll probably correct me, since i lose track of time way too easily and she is always on the ball! And one thing she rocks at is BAKING! She recently modified a recipe from Betty Crocker to create a FOUR LAYER BROWNIE TORTE! After the first time she made it, she even had a request to make it for someone else! So, you will want to try this recipe! It looks YUMMY!
Jen's 4-Layer Brownie Torte
1 box Betty Crocker® Triple Chunk brownie mix
1 box Betty Crocker® Walnut Chocolate Chunk brownie mix (or substitute for another variety of Betty Crocker® brownie mix)
Water, vegetable oil and eggs as called for in brownie mix directions
1 container Betty Crocker® Triple Chocolate Fudge Chip frosting (or substitute for another Betty Crocker® chocolate frosting)
½ cup coarsely chopped chocolate-covered peanut butter cup candies OR ½ cup of mini chocolate chips (or another topping)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13x9-inch pan with foil so foil extends about 2 inches over sides of pan. Spray foil with cooking spray.
2. Make brownies as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan, using foil-lined pan. Cool completely, about 1 ½ hours. Remove brownies from pan by lifting foil; peel foil away. Cut brownie in half lengthwise.
3. Repeat Step #2 with other box of brownie mix.
4. Place 1 half of one brownie on serving plate (or you can use the 13x9-inch pan that you used for baking).
5. Spoon frosting into microwavable bowl. Microwave on High 15 to 20 seconds. Stir frosting until smooth.
6. Pour ¼ of frosting over half of brownie on plate. Place another half of brownie on top and use another ¼ frosting. Then place the 3rd half of brownie on top and use ¼ frosting. Finally, place the last brownie half on top and use remaining frosting. You can also spread frosting around the sides.
7. Sprinkle with candies or chocolate chips. Refrigerate 30 minutes to set. Store loosely covered.
Makes about 12-16 servings.
It looks so delicious! Thank you, Jen!